Monday, March 21, 2016

Fighting Sport Squads For School

      Dear Head Of Activities,

I would really like to express my passion for the placement of fighting sports such as MMA,Boxing,and Karate etc squads in our activity sign up sheets. I know you might be thinking these sports are too violent for kids and could risk serious injuries. But i'm here to tell you why you should allow at least training for these sports.

1st Reason: You only sign up if you want to

Kids sometime signup to look tough but if you warn them in the description that they will get hurt and sports that involve sparring can hurt you sometimes. These kids know that they have been warned that it is dangerous. From my own experiences as a boxer I knew that I would get hurt that It is a tough sport but all. But I still signed up for it because my dad really wanted me to become a boxer. It was at my own will through some surveys I did people say that its a good sport because you learn self defence but it is at your own risk.

2nd Reason: There are mercy rules 

People think that you have to go the whole fight, well they are wrong even professionals quit sometimes Joe Frazier vs Muhammad Ali. Muhammad Ali did not want to fight. He said to his trainer “Cut off my gloves I can’t take it anymore I’m so beat up” His Trainer wanted him to go another round. On the other side of the ring Joe Fraizer said to his trainer “Let me fight another round I promise I wont let you down” but his trainer did not want to let him go so he cut off his gloves. So if Joe Fraizer fought another round he would have won. So you can quit anytime you want even your trainer has a choice to throw in the towel. Through my research only 1 person disapproves of the mercy rule. Because you can’t back out of real fight. On the streets or in other sports

3rd Reason: Its good excise,teaches discipline, And builds self confidence 

Sports like tae kwon do ,Karate, And boxing teach discipline getting up at 5 in the morning and just to do training before school. Its a good way of learning mind over body. In tae kwon do you punch the wall for 10 minutes and you don't quit or you have to do it again you have to build a tolerance for the pain. Discipline applies to most sports actually not only fighting sports.  Like football,basketball etc.  It’s still the same principle. Its also good exercise even though you don't awn to do these sports professionally. You still get a good work out its fun just doing fitness. After  win in the ring you feel excellent you are raring to go. Connor McGregor said “After a win in the octagon I can’t wait till 3 months pass so I can fight again.

Conclusion: Fighting sports are good exercise and builds self confidence. Although you might disagree with me it is a controversial topic, you get exercise, self-confidence , Self defence. But you are risking your health and self esteem. But get back self confidence and self defence. So I think there are more takes than gives.

No comments:

Post a Comment